Rape Crisis and Recovery Centers provide the following confidential services to adult and child victims as well as their families, partners, and loved ones:
- Crisis intervention, counseling, and referral.
- Victim accompaniment to hospitals, police interviews, and court to provide support and information about options.
- 24-hour Crisis Hotline with counselors trained to listen and offer information.
- Individual, group, and family psychotherapy.
- Assistance navigating the legal and judicial systems.
All crisis-intervention, referral, and accompaniment services are free. Clinical services provided by specially trained psychologists, social workers, and paraprofessionals are either free or based on a sliding scale according to individual financial resources. Programs may also accept private insurance, medical assistance, or Medicare and most offer subsidized fees. No one is turned away due to inability to pay for services. Click here for a complete list of all Maryland centers.